Updates from the flower farm
So what's been going on at the flower farm?
In brief all the beds are now prepared and rotavated. I have planted some new perennials and shrubs. The shrubs are strategically placed to act as windbreaks but obviously they will need to establish a bit before they work their magic.
This week the first flowers started to appear but I think I have 6 on the plot so not quite ready to start selling to florists yet! I do however have a well stocked garden that I am using to make arrangements in the meantime and there are too many flowers to mention right now.
So things are looking pretty good at the moment. The bare root roses planted last month are bushing out nicely and even some of the newer plants have put on good growth in just a week or so.
The dahlias and peonies are starting to appear so hopefully soon the empty looking beds in the background will start filling out.
On the negative side it appears I have a resident mole that has moved into my most recently planted flowerbed. He's undermined a lot of the plants I've just put in so yesterday I spent quite a lot of time stamping the soil back down. Hopefully if I annoy him enough he might get fed up and move on!